* EL/IX
@ 2008-03-10 10:29 Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2008-03-10 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eCos Maintainers

The sourceware overseers are agitating for removing the EL/IX project since
it's extremely dead. They have a point.

http://sourceware.org/elix/

However we refer to it in a few places from our docs.

Should I either:
1) object entirely?
2) Incorporate the EL/IX spec into the eCos project?
or
3) Just remove all our EL/IX references.

Personally I think 3. It's time to just face up to the fact it's dead.

Jifl
 **  Visit us at ESC Silicon Valley <http://www.embedded.com/esc/sv>  **
 **  April 15-17 2008, Booth 3012, San Jose McEnery Convention Center **
------["Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere"]------       Opinions==mine

* Re: EL/IX
@ 2008-03-10 10:36 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2008-03-10 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour; +Cc: eCos Maintainers

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 10:29:10AM +0000, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> The sourceware overseers are agitating for removing the EL/IX project since
> it's extremely dead. They have a point.
>
> http://sourceware.org/elix/
>
> However we refer to it in a few places from our docs.
>
> Should I either:
> 1) object entirely?
> 2) Incorporate the EL/IX spec into the eCos project?
> or
> 3) Just remove all our EL/IX references.
>
> Personally I think 3. It's time to just face up to the fact it's dead.

I agree. Remove all references.

  Andrew

* Re: EL/IX
@ 2008-03-10 10:57   ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2008-03-10 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Lunn; +Cc: Jonathan Larmour, eCos Maintainers

Andrew Lunn wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 10:29:10AM +0000, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
>> The sourceware overseers are agitating for removing the EL/IX project since
>> it's extremely dead. They have a point.
>>
>> http://sourceware.org/elix/
>>
>> However we refer to it in a few places from our docs.
>>
>> Should I either:
>> 1) object entirely?
>> 2) Incorporate the EL/IX spec into the eCos project?
>> or
>> 3) Just remove all our EL/IX references.
>>
>> Personally I think 3. It's time to just face up to the fact it's dead.
>
> I agree. Remove all references.

Absolutely - nuke that stillborn madness...

(sorry, did I say/write that out loud?)