* ecos-v3_0-branch
@ 2009-02-20  9:41 John Dallaway
From: John Dallaway @ 2009-02-20  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-maintainers

eCos maintainers

The ecos-v3_0-branch has now been created and is currently frozen for
3.0 beta 1 release engineering. Feel free to resume check-ins on the trunk.

John Dallaway

* Re: ecos-v3_0-branch
@ 2009-02-22  9:17 ` John Dallaway
From: John Dallaway @ 2009-02-22  9:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-maintainers

eCos maintainers

eCos 3.0 beta 1 is out. Many thanks to everyone who helped with this in
one way or another. Of course, our job is not yet complete. Please do
volunteer to test the beta release on the targets you have to hand and
therefore encourage the wider eCos community to do likewise.

John Dallaway wrote:

> The ecos-v3_0-branch has now been created and is currently frozen for
> 3.0 beta 1 release engineering. Feel free to resume check-ins on the trunk.

The ecos-v3_0-branch is now tagged and unfrozen. However, please limit
changes on this branch to patches which directly address issues in the
eCos 3.0 beta 1 release.

It would be helpful to ensure that a Bugzilla issue is raised (version
== "3.0beta1") for each patch so we can readily review what has been
fixed and what is outstanding.

I will add some extra components in Bugzilla for the new infrastructure
packages. Do we really need to split out documentation into separate
Bugzilla components? Of course, if we did this consistently it would
double the number of Bugzilla components.

John Dallaway

* Re: ecos-v3_0-branch
@ 2009-02-22 21:29   ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2009-02-22 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Dallaway; +Cc: ecos-maintainers

John Dallaway wrote:

> I will add some extra components in Bugzilla for the new infrastructure
> packages. Do we really need to split out documentation into separate
> Bugzilla components? Of course, if we did this consistently it would
> double the number of Bugzilla components.

Since not everything has documentation, I wish ;). Personally I would say
not split documentation out separately. It used to be relevant when we had
a separate person dedicated for doing all docs, but not now, nor is it
likely to be the case again.

Jifl
--
*See us at Embedded World 2009, Nürnberg, Germany, 3-5 Mar, Stand 11-300*
------["Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere"]------       Opinions==mine