From: John Dallaway <john@dallaway.org.uk>
To: Jonathan Larmour <jifl@ecoscentric.com>,
	        Simon Kallweit <simon.kallweit@intefo.ch>,
	        Ricky Zheng <ricky.zheng@i2mlabs.com>
Cc: eCos Maintainers <ecos-maintainers@ecos.sourceware.org>
Subject: Re: NAND support
Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 14:51:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Hi Jifl, Ricky and Simon

Jonathan Larmour wrote:

> John Dallaway wrote:
>
>> Jifl, can you also advise here please? Could dual licensing of UFFS
>> under both LGPL and the eCos Public License be achieved with a single
>> source base using a single license banner?
>
> Both these licences are acceptable to the FSF, so I can't see any issue
> with it.
>
> There's then the matter of how to achieve this. Here's my recommendation
> of how to modify the banner:

[ snip ]

Jifl, thanks for the example license text. This seems much more sensible
than maintaining two sets of sources with different license headers.

Ricky, are you happy to incorporate the license headers proposed by Jifl
into your master sources?

Simon, it would be useful if you would post an outline of how you
propose to integrate UFFS and NAND device support with eCos to the
ecos-devel list so we can avoid any surprises later on. This will be a
great addition to eCos!

John Dallaway