* GCC 4.6 resourcing.
@ 2012-01-24 18:03 Ilija Kocho
From: Ilija Kocho @ 2012-01-24 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-maintainers

Hello fellows mainainers

I have a working version (Ubuntu 10.04 32bit) of gnutools (GCC 4.6.2,
Binutils 22.2, GDB 7.3.1) that I would put available for display/review.
This is my first such project so I have some questions:

1. Where shall I put:
     - Sources
     - Binaries

1.1. Regarding sources:
I am expecting (hope for) some collaboration so some VCS (CVS would do)
would be desirable. This may imply putting complete sources, which may
be an overkill... or not... Suggestions?

2. Branding
IMHO we should mark our tools and the right place is --with-pkgversion
(unless it isn't, please see my question below)..

My initial proposal is: "eCos Community [GNU]tools 4.6.2-<build>"
                                   build = 0, 1, ...
                                   [GNU] - optional: GNU | gnu | void
Feel free to comment and/or give your own proposals.

Question: A technical issue: how do I quote --with-pkgversion so it
accepts white-space?

Looking forward to your input.

Ilija