* Contacting John Dallaway
       [not found] <546BF20E.6020309@softwaretospec.com>
@ 2014-11-19 20:02 ` Les Miklosy PE
From: Les Miklosy PE @ 2014-11-19 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-maintainers

Dear eCos Maintainers,

Ten days ago I posted the results of an eCos port for the Sparc
Leon2/3/FT processors to the eCos Group at Linked-In
<https://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=1882065&trk=my_groups-tile-grp>
where John Dallaway is host. Since the post drew no interest from anyone
I decided perhaps contacting John through the maintainers list would be
productive.

The eCos supported hardware list
<http://ecos.sourceware.org/hardware.html> shows Sparc Leon was
contributed by Gaisler Research (now Aeroflex) but with an interface
through a proprietary ROM monitor. The eCos build I propose is a
stand-alone Redboot boot-strap with a ROM monitor stub for a direct
connection to gdb for debugging.

Perhaps John Dallaway or someone else can explain the lack of interest
in my Linked-In post and comment on the value of my contribution with eCos.

Thank you for reading.

Kind Regards,
Les Miklosy PE
Linked-In

* Re: Contacting John Dallaway
@ 2014-11-29 13:48   ` John Dallaway
From: John Dallaway @ 2014-11-29 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Les Miklosy PE; +Cc: ecos-maintainers

Les

On Wed, 19 Nov 2014 11:55:15 -0800, Les Miklosy PE
<les@softwaretospec.com>
wrote:

> Ten days ago I posted the results of an eCos port for the Sparc
> Leon2/3/FT processors to the eCos Group at Linked-In

<https://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=1882065&trk=my_groups-tile-grp>
> where John Dallaway is host. Since the post drew no interest from anyone

> I decided perhaps contacting John through the maintainers list would be
> productive.
>
> The eCos supported hardware list
> <http://ecos.sourceware.org/hardware.html> shows Sparc Leon was
> contributed by Gaisler Research (now Aeroflex) but with an interface
> through a proprietary ROM monitor. The eCos build I propose is a
> stand-alone Redboot boot-strap with a ROM monitor stub for a direct
> connection to gdb for debugging.
>
> Perhaps John Dallaway or someone else can explain the lack of interest
> in my Linked-In post and comment on the value of my contribution with
eCos.

> Thank you for reading.

You are welcome to contact me directly, but I have no exposure to the ESA
and its specific requirements and it seems that this is what you are
looking for. You might have more success in contacting ESA engineers via a
more generic forum or an ESA forum.

Regards

John Dallaway