From: Alex Schuilenburg <alexs@ecoscentric.com>
To: ecos-maintainers@ecos.sourceware.org
Subject: eCos EU Trademark Registration
Date: Sat, 23 May 2015 01:52:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Dear eCos Maintainers

I would like notify you that the eCos logo has now been registered as a
trademark in the E.U. by eCosCentric.

The registration number is 13492376 and can be viewed at
https://oami.europa.eu/eSearch/#basic/1+1+1+1/13492376

Licensing of the trademark by eCosCentric remains the same.

This registration follows from a few eCos trademark infringements within
the EU, the most serious of which incorporated the eCos logo within
their own. Their usage conflicted with both our Acceptable Use policy
and Fair use of the trademark and as such had to be curtailed. I am
happy to report that all known infringements have now been resolved.

I would therefore like to take this opportunity to remind you about the
eCos trademark policy at
  http://www.ecoscentric.com/trademark_usage.shtml
which has been in place since July 2006. eCos developers, distributors,
providers and users wishing to use any of the eCos Trademarks must be
made aware of this policy and adhere to it.

Sincerely
-- Alex Schuilenburg