From: "Igor B. Poretsky" <master@goga.energo.ru>
To: ecos-maintainers@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Support query
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 05:43:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Hello!

I tried to use eCos on the AT91SAM7S-ek board, but failed somehow. I
dealt with the snapshot version of January 7 2007.

At first I've compiled RedBoot (quite successfully) and programmed it
into the board's flash memory. It seems to work in general but I could
do nothing useful with it. I tried to download an application via
RS232 by the "load" command. The process started and ran (though
pretty slowly and with many retries), but failed to write into flash
addresses.

The eCos documentation says that if I use the ROM variant of RedBoot
then I should compile an application for the RAM startup, but I
couldn't do that because of lacking of some eCos support files. By the
way, I've noticed that compiling RedBoot for ROM and RAM ends up with
quite identical result images.

Then I took prebuilt RedBoot images from the eCos web-site, but it
seems do not work at all on my board.

Please, help me to start anyhow. I would greatly appreciate any hint.

Thanks in advance,
Igor.