From: Michael Jones <mike@proclivis.com>
To: Jonathan Larmour <jifl@jifvik.org>
Cc: ecos-maintainers@ecos.sourceware.org
Subject: Re: Freescale and Lua copyrights
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 22:34:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Jifl,

I did a bit of research, and I found that when you download the iMX6 SDK, there is a LICENSE.txt in the root directory with the following text:

Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification,
are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:

o Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list
  of conditions and the following disclaimer.

o Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this
  list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or
  other materials provided with the distribution.

o Neither the name of Freescale Semiconductor, Inc. nor the names of its
  contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this
  software without specific prior written permission.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND
ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED
WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE
DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR
ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES
(INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES;
LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON
ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT
(INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS
SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

The previous text I sent is in the individual files.

Does this satisfy the requirements and allow the code in?

Mike

Michael Jones
email: mike@proclivis.com
ecos iMX6Q Project: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ecosfreescale