From: Nick Garnett <nickg@ecoscentric.com>
To: "Joakim Langlet" <Joakim.Langlet@seaview.se>
Cc: <ecos-maintainers@sources.redhat.com>
Subject: Re: I want to contribute with a port to the Atmel EB55 board but.....
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 17:08:00 -0000	[thread overview]

"Joakim Langlet" <Joakim.Langlet@seaview.se> writes:

> Do you have any suggestion how I should get the AT91M55800A into the
> structure for AT91 in the source-tree and in the build process in the short
> term without destroying the current structure?

First, take a look at the patches submitted by Thomas Koeller and Tim
Drury (search for EB40 in the ecos-patches list archive). These do
exactly what you suggest and split the AT91 HAL into a variant part
and a platform part. So an EB55 port should now be easy to do.

However, I am currently in the process of sorting these patches out,
ensuring that they are up to date and function in the current source
tree, are documented and tested etc. In addition to EB40 and EB40A
boards, I also have an EB42 and an EB55 here, so I'll be adding
platform HALs for those two boards too.

This is something of a background task at present, so gets interrupted
for more important jobs, but if you are prepared to wait a while then
there will be an EB55 port eventually. Alternatively, if you want to
contribute and do the EB55 port yourself then go ahead. Take a look at
how Tim added the EB40A port for pointers. Let me know if you are
going to do this -- but bear in mind that given a clear run this week
I'll probably be ready to do the EB55 port in a few days time.