On 04 May 2015 18:09, Max Filippov wrote: > On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 9:14 AM, Mike Frysinger wrote: > > On 04 May 2015 02:25, Max Filippov wrote: > >> From: "Anthony G. Basile" > >> > >> DL_CALL_FCT is defined in on glibc systems and is > >> a macro for calling functions in shared objects with dlsym. This > >> is useful for profiling since these functions would otherwise not > >> use the PLT and so not be counted when profiling with gprof. > > > > uClibc supports gprof optionally, so i'd be fine with adding this to uClibc. > > at the very least, the stub would be OK. > > Ok, I'll drop this patch and submit similar stub to uClibc instead. > BTW, I though uClibc does not support profiling at all. Can you point > me to the documentation/code for that optional gprof support? i could have sworn we had it. maybe i'm confusing some history in my mind. even if it doesn't, having a macro that stubs it out costs us nothing and increases compatibility with glibc. we don't take a hard POSIX stance like other libraries. -mike