On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 11:13:28PM +0100, Mark Wielaard wrote: > Hi Kurt, > > Thanks for the Debian builds of elfutils-0.165. Sorry for the breakage, > wrt old glibc elf.h system header. But happy to see the simple fix seems > to work. > > I looked at the latest build logs: > https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=elfutils > > For the hppa failure we need some hppa hacker to explain whether or not > this is a real issue or not: > > elflint /<>/tests/elfstrmerge > section [24] '.plt' is both executable and writable > FAIL run-strip-strmerge.sh (exit status: 1) > > Normaly elflint is correct, this would be a bad thing. I think that has come up before in the past. > For the kFreeBSD variants you could start with the second patch to > elflint to at least recognize ELFOSABI_FREEBSD. Although I suspect there > might be more issues. But maybe we are lucky and it really is just like > normal GNU/Linux ELF files since you are using the normal GNU toolchain. It has always worked without problems. > If you could try the attached patches on a new Debian build that would > be appreciated. I'll try it tomorrow or in the weekend. Kurt