On Wed, Mar 21, 2018 at 02:20:51AM +0300, Dmitry V. Levin wrote: > On Wed, Mar 21, 2018 at 12:03:53AM +0100, Mark Wielaard wrote: > > I am not against this, but it could use a bit more documentation > > in at least the commit message, so people know what they should > > setup in their gitconfig. > > The advantage of adding .gitattributes file to repository is that > no gitconfig setup is needed at all, just git-merge-changelog > has to be made available in $PATH. My bad, gitconfig setup cannot be avoided this way. Being an early adopter of git-merge-changelog, I must have forgotten these details. -- ldv