On Mon, Jul 02, 2018 at 10:04:05PM +0000, Sasha Da Rocha Pinheiro wrote: > I think the link should be direct to the file, since we download and > extract. Otherwise, if the link was to a directory the issue would > continue, since we would need to verify the version to compose the > filename. > > Now as for stable/latest/current, I don't have a preference. But I feel > like it should be latest, since all elfutils releases are stable. OK, from now on https://sourceware.org/elfutils/ftp/elfutils-latest.tar.bz2 should point to the latest release. And https://sourceware.org/elfutils/ftp/elfutils-latest.tar.bz2.sig to the corresponding gpg signature for the tar.bz2. See also the attached update to the elfutils-htdocs. I also added an upload-release.sh script that can be run to create, sign, upload and update the links (if you are a maintainer with a sourceware shell account). Thanks for the suggestion. Cheers, Mark