public inbox for elfutils@sourceware.org
From: Kurt Roeckx <kurt@roeckx.be>
To: Mark Wielaard <mark@klomp.org>
Cc: Jim Wilson <jimw@sifive.com>,
	elfutils-devel@sourceware.org,	Karsten Merker <merker@debian.org>
Subject: Re: RISC-V support
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2019 23:21:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On Sat, Jan 12, 2019 at 11:35:48PM +0100, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> On Sat, 2019-01-12 at 00:23 +0100, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> > I've been looking at mips, and it seems to have many different
> > ABIs too. A patch I've received does this:
> > int
> > mips_return_value_location (Dwarf_Die *functypedie, const Dwarf_Op
> > **locp)
> > {
> >   /* First find the ABI used by the elf object */
> >   enum mips_abi abi = find_mips_abi(functypedie->cu->dbg->elf);
> >
> > The patch only supports 6 ABIs, but I think there are really over
> > 10 ABIs.
>
> But how many are actually used? Which does Debian support?

I'm not at all an export of mips, I really don't know that much
about it.

We have 3 mips ports, but mips and mipsel are the same ABI, it's
just big endian vs little endian. But as far as I understand it,
we transitioned those 2 ports from one ABI to an other, so they
are compatible with yet an other ABI. I think that at least makes
4 ABIs we care about. And I think gcc supports many different ones
depending on compiler flags you give to it, but I really don't know.

Kurt