On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 11:00:49PM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote: > * Dmitry V. Levin: > > >> So, I don't think the code is wrong. We might want to tweak the comment > >> a bit though, to make it less definitive? > > > > What I'm saying is that has_soname is just a hint which is probably even > > less reliable than has_program_interpreter. > > If I recall correctly, I added the soname check to classify > /lib64/libc.so.6 as a library, not an executable. So it didn't come > completely out of nowhere. Well, /lib64/libc.so.6 is not just a library, it's also a valid executable. If the ELF type is ET_DYN and the object is not marked as DF_1_PIE, could we come up with a more reliable heuristics than DT_SONAME and PT_INTERP? -- ldv