Hi, I am posting here to continue a discussion from the #elfutils libera.chat channel about whether libdebuginfod might benefit from having a method of specifying a certificate bundle for libcurl. Normally one would rely on the system's OpenSSL having been configured with up-to-date certificates. However in my use-case I can't depend on up-to-date certificates being installed on the system that I work with, so I package certificates together with my application (which contains libdebuginfod and its dependencies as a portable package). Other components that my application uses already have ways of specifying a certificate bundle. The curl tool supports custom certificates with the CURL_CA_BUNDLE environment variable, but with libcurl one must specify a custom certificate bundle with the CURLOPT_CAINFO option via the API. I propose a new environment variable DEBUGINFOD_CA_BUNDLE or similar which can be used to pass to libcurl. Please see the attached patch below. There is also an option of recognising CURL_CA_BUNDLE as that environment variable is already established by the curl tool, but it could also be good to keep the name separate to libdebuginfod. I think having the option of specifying certificates could also be helpful for other situations such as specifying a self-signed certificate to use with servers under test. Kind regards, Magne