Hi, I'm the maintainer of debuginfod.debian.net (currently offline due to a hardware issue :-/). The service provides only debuginfo for now, but I would like to start indexing the source code of each package as well. I know that Fedora has the "debugsource" RPM package which makes things easier, but after talking to some Debian/Ubuntu Developers they were (understandably) not happy with the idea of implementing a similar solution for deb packages. I'm now thinking about an alternative solution to this problem. Debian source packages already contain everything needed to be indexed and served to debuginfo consumers; it has the full source code + all the downstream patches. It's represented by a .dsc file that can be fed to dget(1) which will download the source tarball and apply all the patches automatically. Do you think we can teach debuginfod to consume these files and do the right thing when indexing the source code of each package? I'm not entirely familiar with how debuginfod does things behind the scenes, but initially I thought something along the following lines: 1) Obtain the .dsc file which corresponds to the -dbgsym package being analysed; 2) Use dget(1) to obtain its corresponding source + patches, then index everything. 3) Compress the source tree and store it somewhere, associating the compressed file with the build-id(s) of the -dbgsym file. (Is this really necessary? Not sure.) 4) When a build-id request comes in, we serve the debuginfo from the -dbgsym file and decompress the source tarball corresponding to it, serving whatever files are needed. I'd assume that this is similar to what debuginfod already does for Fedora's -debugsource packages. This is a "back-of-the-napkin" thought about how to adjust debuginfod for Debian/Ubuntu, but of course I'd like to hear your opinion as well. Thanks, -- Sergio GPG key ID: 237A 54B1 0287 28BF 00EF 31F4 D0EB 7628 65FC 5E36 Please send encrypted e-mail if possible https://sergiodj.net/