public inbox for elfutils@sourceware.org
From: Mark Wielaard <mark@klomp.org>
To: "Karbownik, Anna" <anna.karbownik@intel.com>,
		"elfutils-devel@sourceware.org"	 <elfutils-devel@sourceware.org>
Subject: Re: Elfutils new release
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2018 14:33:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On Wed, 2018-11-07 at 14:15 +0000, Karbownik, Anna wrote:
> I'd like to ask you whether you plan to release 0.175 elfutils
> version?

There are enough (small) new features and bug fixes to do a new
release. Lets aim for next week.

There are still a couple of patches cooking on the mailinglist and
there is one outstanding bug related to the new eu-strip --reloc-debug-
sections-only option with relocations against compressed debug sections
(but only on armhf and ppc64) which will need to be resolved.

> If so, when are you going to announce it

Once all patches are in and the bug is resolved. Hopefully end of this
week. I'll announce the intent to do a new 0.175 release on this
mailinglist. Then after a couple of days, I'll do the release unless
more issues are found. Hopefully somewhere next week.

>  and will it contain all the master branch changes since 0.174
> release (especially all the CVE security patches)?

Yes, the release will be made from the git master branch.

BTW. I don't think the new CVEs filed are really that important. Or at
least very low severity. The descriptions are very misleading. Some are
simply bugs that cannot be exploited. But it is of course always a good
idea to fix any bugs found.

Cheers,

Mark