Any thoughts about the patch from my student, Heather McIntyre? -- John Mellor-Crummey Professor Dept of Computer Science Rice University email: johnmc@rice.edu phone: 713-348-5179 > On Aug 8, 2023, at 12:07 PM, Heather McIntyre wrote: > > Hello all, > > This patch was created to address thread-safety issues reported in bug 26921 and bug 26930 . > Additionally, other thread-safety fixes were applied during the process. > > Brief Description: > Locking was implemented for tsearch and tfind. > Changes to multiple files within the libelf library were made such that USE_LOCKS no longer causes tests to fail when enabled. > New tests were added to confirm thread-safety. > > Please review the attached patch file and feel free to provide feedback. I am available for any clarifications or modifications needed. > > Best regards, > Heather McIntyre > <0001-Fix-thread-safety-for-elfutils.patch>