public inbox for elfutils@sourceware.org
From: T R <trebele@outlook.com>
To: "elfutils-devel@sourceware.org" <elfutils-devel@sourceware.org>
Subject: Inquiry about Development Features and Integration of Source Code Version Control Systems
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 05:57:22 +0000	[thread overview]

Dear Debuginfod developers,

I hope this email finds you well. My name is Tobias Rebele and I am a developer interested in utilizing the Debuginfod server for debugging purposes. I have been following the development of Debuginfod and I am particularly interested in the features that are currently being worked on.

I recently came across an article on the Red Hat Developer Blog titled "Deploying Debuginfod Servers for Your Developers" [1], which provides an overview of the Debuginfod Server and its capabilities. In the article, it mentions the integration of source code version control systems, and I would like to inquire further about this feature.

Specifically, I am interested in understanding how the Debuginfod Server can facilitate the direct download of source code from Git repositories. It would be incredibly helpful if you could provide more information on this feature and any advancements that are being made in this area.

I believe that the ability to retrieve source code directly from Git repositories through the Debuginfod Server would greatly enhance the debugging process and streamline development workflows.

I would greatly appreciate any insights or updates you can provide regarding this feature. Additionally, if there are any other noteworthy features or improvements in the pipeline, I would be eager to learn more about them as well.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,
Tobias Rebele

[1] Link: https://developers.redhat.com/blog/2019/12/17/deploying-debuginfod-servers-for-your-developers