On 10/29/22 00:21, Mark Wielaard wrote: > Although I like to also have compression working. Then we can also > add support to src/elfcompress, which makes for a good testcase. See > tests/run-compress.sh (which has found some subtle memory issues when > run under valgrind). Hi. All right, so I'm preparing a full support for ZSTD (both compression and compression) and I noticed a refactoring would be handy for compress_section function and callers of the function. Note right now, there are basically 3 compression types and process_file function handles basically all combinations of these (3 x 3 options), while adding ZSTD support would make it even more complicated. However, ZSTD will behave very similar to ZLIB (not zlib-gnu), except a different algorithm will be used. Plus, in order to distinguish ZLIB from ZSTD, we need to read GElf_Chdr. So what do you think about the refactoring as the first step? Cheers, Martin