Hi, Sorry, this took way too long. But I really like this code. On Thu, 2019-04-18 at 13:17 +0200, Florian Weimer wrote: > * Florian Weimer: > > > > BTW. Florian, the extra options are certainly not required for you to > > > implement to get eu-elfclassify accepted. They are just suggestions, > > > which we might decide not to do/add. Or they can be added by others if > > > they think they are useful. > > > > Understood. I would rather fix the command line syntax as a priority, > > implement --unstripped, and add a test suite. > > The patch below, also available here: > > > > reworks the command line parser, implements filtering of file lists, and > adds the --unstripped option. That looks really good. I went ahead an fixed a couple of nits and added some of my suggestions. I'll respond to your other email explaining some of my reasoning. The changes I made are: elfclassify: Fix bre -> be typo in "unstripped" option help text. elfclassify: When reading stdin make sure paths don't include newline. elfclassify: Allow inspecting compressed or (kernel) image files with -z. elfclassify: Always clean up ELF file and descriptor if one is still open. elfclassify: Don't treat errors in elf_open or run_classify as fatal. elfclassify: Add --quiet/-q to suppress error messages. elfclassify: Add \n to fputs debug output. elfclassify: Add --file/-f for testing just regular files. elfclassify: Require --elf by default. Add more classifications. elfclassify: Add elf_kind and elf_type strings for verbose output. elfclassify: Require PT_LOAD for loadable classification. elfclassify: Add --program classification. elfclassify: Don't use ARGP_NO_EXIT and document exit code expectation. elfclassify: Add --linux-kernel-module classification. elfclassify: Add --debug-only classification. Attached is the new version. The individual commits can be found here: https://code.wildebeest.org/git/user/mjw/elfutils/log/?h=elfclassify Please let me know if any of this looks bad or unusual. I'll write some testcases. Thanks, Mark