public inbox for elix@sourceware.org
* EL/IX spec review, status
@ 2000-01-18 11:15 Michael A. Olson
From: Michael A. Olson @ 2000-01-18 11:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: elix

Hi,

Last week I sent a message on the draft EL/IX API spec to this
mailing list, and have seen no response.  My message was pretty
long-winded, but boiled down to a single question:  Is there
any chance that the shared memory support would move from
EL/IX level 4 to EL/IX level 3?  As a vendor, this would let
me sell product on OSes that provide the level 1 or level 3
interfaces, instead of just levels 1 and 4.

There hasn't been any traffic on the list except for my message
since late December.  What's the current status of the draft
specification review?  Is there any schedule for public release
of a reference implementation on eCos?

					mike