Hi Mikael, Steve, On 11/21/23 12:33, Mikael Morin wrote: > Harald, you mentioned the lack of GFC_STD_F2023_DEL feature group in > your first message, but I don't quite understand why you didn't add one. >  It seems to me the most natural way to do this. thanks for insisting on this variant. In my first attack at this problem, I overlooked one place in libgfortran.h, which I now was able to find and adjust. Now everything falls into place. > I suggest we emit a warning by default, error with -std=f2023 (I agree > with Steve that we should push towards strict f2023 conformance), and no > diagnostic with -std=gnu or -std=f2018 or lower. As the majority agrees on this, I accept it. The attached patch now does this and fixes the testcases accordingly. >> It seems that the solution is to fix the code in the testsuite. > > Agreed, these seem to explicitly test mismatching kinds, so add an > option to prevent error. Done. I also fixed a few issues in the documentation in gfortran.texi . As I currently cannot build a full compiler (see PR112643), patch V3 is not properly regtested yet, but appears to give results as discussed. Comments? > Mikael Thanks, Harald