Hi Mikael, Am 30.07.22 um 10:28 schrieb Mikael Morin: > Meh! We killed one check for gfc_current_form but the other one is still > there. > OK, match_kind_param calls two functions that also gobble space, so > there is work remaining here. > So please make match_small_literal_constant and gfc_match_name > space-gobbling wrappers around space-non-gobbling inner functions and > call those inner functions instead in match_kind_param. well, here's the shortest solution I could come up with. I added a new argument to 3 functions used in parsing that controls the gobbling of whitespace. We use this to handle whitespace for numerical literals, while the parsing of string literals remains as in the previous version of the patch. This version obviously ignores Thomas' request, as that would require to treat gfc_match_char specially... Regtested again. OK now? Thanks, Harald