public inbox for fortran@gcc.gnu.org
* gfortran error with libgfortran.so.3
@ 2015-11-19  2:46 isearcher
From: isearcher @ 2015-11-19  2:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fortran

hello!

Recently i compiled gcc together with gfortran. Gcc works well. When i test
gfortran with a 'hello,world' program, Gfortran can  produce the a.out, but
when i run ./a.out, there is an error:

./a.out: error while loading shared libraries: libgfortran.so.3: cannot open

Any suggestions?

* Re: gfortran error with libgfortran.so.3
@ 2015-11-19  3:45 ` Steve Kargl
From: Steve Kargl @ 2015-11-19  3:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: isearcher; +Cc: fortran

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 07:46:14PM -0700, isearcher wrote:

> Recently i compiled gcc together with gfortran. Gcc works well. When i test
> gfortran with a 'hello,world' program, Gfortran can  produce the a.out, but
> when i run ./a.out, there is an error:
>
> ./a.out: error while loading shared libraries: libgfortran.so.3: cannot open
>
> Any suggestions?

Have you read the ldconfig documentation that I pointed you to?

--
Steve

* Re: gfortran error with libgfortran.so.3
@ 2015-11-19  5:12 ` Jerry DeLisle
From: Jerry DeLisle @ 2015-11-19  5:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: isearcher, fortran

On 11/18/2015 06:46 PM, isearcher wrote:
> hello!
>
> Recently i compiled gcc together with gfortran. Gcc works well. When i test
> gfortran with a 'hello,world' program, Gfortran can  produce the a.out, but
> when i run ./a.out, there is an error:
>
> ./a.out: error while loading shared libraries: libgfortran.so.3: cannot open
>
> Any suggestions?

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="path to where it is"

Jerry

* Re: gfortran error with libgfortran.so.3
@ 2015-11-19  5:33   ` isearcher
From: isearcher @ 2015-11-19  5:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fortran

It works. Thank you for your advice!