public inbox for fortran@gcc.gnu.org
From: "Feng Wang" <wf_cs@yahoo.com>
To: Paul Brook <paul@codesourcery.com>,
	"S. Bosscher" <S.Bosscher@student.tudelft.nl>,
	"'toon@moene.indiv.nluug.nl'" <toon@moene.indiv.nluug.nl>
Cc: "'fortran@gcc.gnu.org'" <fortran@gcc.gnu.org>
Subject: Re:Updating the TO DO list.
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 03:53:00 -0000	[thread overview]

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=gb2312, Size: 1437 bytes --]

 --- Paul Brook <paul@codesourcery.com> µÄÕýÎÄ£º> On Sunday 07 December 2003
1:47 pm, S. Bosscher wrote:

> > > This would go into the g77 compatibility department ?
> >
> > Yes.
> >
> > It's also in the top 5 of my TODO list, as you know, since we
> > also need it to be able to compile SPEC ;-)
>
> In that case, you might want to consider not using computed gotos (in the C
> sense) to implement this. I'm of the opinion that it would be better to
> translate assigned gotos into select with normal gotos. All assigned goto
> labels must be within the same program unit as the label. It should be
> fairly easy to build an indexed list of targets, and use the index as the
> assigned value and the consdition for the switch.
>
> I haven't actually done any bechmarks, but I would expect the optimizers to
> translate this into code at least as good as using a [C] computed goto. It
> avoids problems on machines where sizeof (void*) > KIND(0), and allows us
> to take advantage of statements like
> GOTO foo (100, 200)

I have implemented ASSIGN, assigned goto and the integer variable can be used
in i/o statements. But it is still at test. ASAP I will give the patch.

http://mail.yahoo.com