public inbox for fortran@gcc.gnu.org
* goacc/reduction-2.f95 failure
@ 2015-12-02 20:33 Steve Kargl
From: Steve Kargl @ 2015-12-02 20:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cesar, thomas; +Cc: fortran

Cesar, Thomas,

I just got a failure in the gfortran testsuite.

FAIL: gfortran.dg/goacc/reduction-2.f95   -O   scan-tree-dump-times \
gimple "target oacc_kernels map.tofrom:a .len: 4.." 1

Is this a known failure or expected?

reduction-2.f95 was committed yesterday.  Is something missing?

--
Steve

* Re: goacc/reduction-2.f95 failure
@ 2015-12-02 20:42 ` Cesar Philippidis
From: Cesar Philippidis @ 2015-12-02 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve Kargl, thomas; +Cc: fortran

On 12/02/2015 12:33 PM, Steve Kargl wrote:

> I just got a failure in the gfortran testsuite.
>
> FAIL: gfortran.dg/goacc/reduction-2.f95   -O   scan-tree-dump-times \
> gimple "target oacc_kernels map.tofrom:a .len: 4.." 1
>
> Is this a known failure or expected?
>
> reduction-2.f95 was committed yesterday.  Is something missing?

How old is your build?

I think Tom tweaked the default data mapping for kernels variables
yesterday either right before or after I committed a patch which
introduced that test case. That should be fixed in this patch

  https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2015-12/msg00349.html

which applied I applied to trunk about an hour ago.

Cesar

* Re: goacc/reduction-2.f95 failure
@ 2015-12-02 20:49   ` Steve Kargl
From: Steve Kargl @ 2015-12-02 20:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cesar Philippidis; +Cc: thomas, fortran

On Wed, Dec 02, 2015 at 12:42:40PM -0800, Cesar Philippidis wrote:
> On 12/02/2015 12:33 PM, Steve Kargl wrote:
>
> > I just got a failure in the gfortran testsuite.
> >
> > FAIL: gfortran.dg/goacc/reduction-2.f95   -O   scan-tree-dump-times \
> > gimple "target oacc_kernels map.tofrom:a .len: 4.." 1
> >
> > Is this a known failure or expected?
> >
> > reduction-2.f95 was committed yesterday.  Is something missing?
>
> How old is your build?
>
> I think Tom tweaked the default data mapping for kernels variables
> yesterday either right before or after I committed a patch which
> introduced that test case. That should be fixed in this patch
>
>   https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2015-12/msg00349.html
>
> which applied I applied to trunk about an hour ago.

It's about an hour old.  I was testing the coarray events patch.
In preparation for the commit, I updated the gcc/testsuite directory
to get an up-to-date ChangeLog.  I probably picked up a part of
a commit.  Rebuild from a top-of-tree as of 10 minutes ago.  I know
shortly if it is a false alarm.

--

@ 2015-12-02 21:44     ` Steve Kargl
From: Steve Kargl @ 2015-12-02 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cesar Philippidis; +Cc: thomas, fortran

On Wed, Dec 02, 2015 at 12:49:24PM -0800, Steve Kargl wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 02, 2015 at 12:42:40PM -0800, Cesar Philippidis wrote:
> > On 12/02/2015 12:33 PM, Steve Kargl wrote:
> >
> > > I just got a failure in the gfortran testsuite.
> > >
> > > FAIL: gfortran.dg/goacc/reduction-2.f95   -O   scan-tree-dump-times \
> > > gimple "target oacc_kernels map.tofrom:a .len: 4.." 1
> > >
> > > Is this a known failure or expected?
> > >
> > > reduction-2.f95 was committed yesterday.  Is something missing?
> >
> > How old is your build?
> >
> > I think Tom tweaked the default data mapping for kernels variables
> > yesterday either right before or after I committed a patch which
> > introduced that test case. That should be fixed in this patch
> >
> >   https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2015-12/msg00349.html
> >
> > which applied I applied to trunk about an hour ago.
> >

> It's about an hour old.  I was testing the coarray events patch.
> In preparation for the commit, I updated the gcc/testsuite directory
> to get an up-to-date ChangeLog.  I probably picked up a part of
> a commit.  Rebuild from a top-of-tree as of 10 minutes ago.  I know
> shortly if it is a false alarm.

Following up: it appears I had an inconsistent tree, so yes, a false alarm.

--
Steve