Hi all, while browsing the pdt meta-bug I came across 102003 and thought to myself: Well, that one is easy. How foolish of me... Anyway, the solution attached prevents a pdt_len (or pdt_kind) expression in a function call (e.g. len() or kind()) to mark the whole expression as a pdt one. The second part of the patch in simplify.cc then takes care of either generating the correct component ref or when a constant expression (i.e. gfc_init_expr_flag is set) is required to look this up from the actual symbol (not from the type, because there the default value is stored). Regtested ok on x86_64-linux-gnu/Fedora 37. Regards, Andre -- Andre Vehreschild * Email: vehre ad gmx dot de