public inbox for fortran@gcc.gnu.org
From: Andre Vehreschild <vehre@gmx.de>
To: Harald Anlauf <anlauf@gmx.de>
Cc: GCC-Patches-ML <gcc-patches@gcc.gnu.org>,
	GCC-Fortran-ML <fortran@gcc.gnu.org>
Subject: Re: [Patch, Fortran, 96418] Fix Test coarray_alloc_comp_4.f08 ICEs
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2024 09:51:17 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi Harald,

thank you very much for the review. Committed as:

gcc-15-1369-gdb75a6657e9

Regarding your question on the coarray-tests that are not in the
coarray-directory: These test in most cases test only one method of
implementing coarrays. I.e., they are either testing just -fcoarray=single or
-fcoarray=lib -lcaf_single, which are two different approaches. The tests in
the coarray-directory test all available methods to implement coarrays. Pushing
all coarray-tests into the coarray-directory will fail a lot of them, because
the behavior of -fcoarray=single and -fcoarray=lib -lcaf_single is different in
some corner cases. That's why the coarray-tests in the main gfortran-dir are
separate.

I do understand why it may be confusing, but I don't see an easy solution. Does
this answer your question?

Thanks again for the review.

Regards,
	Andre