Dear all, I am wondering about alignment of allocatable arrays: Does the gfortran compiler in its latest version automatically align arrays to the 64 byte boundary? For comparison, the Intel compiler has a flag "-align array64byte", which forces alignment of all arrays (except for the ones in COMMON). I did not find something similar in the gfortran documentation. Background of my question: I would like to use statements like "!$OMP SIMD ALIGNED(foobar:64)" in my code, however, this is only appropriate if the compiler indeed alignes arrays. Thank you! Best regards from Munich Tobias