As reported in the PR103560. The patch is a slightly modified version of the patch proposed by the bug reporter (with pseudonym?) Carlos Une. The problem seems to be that 'stat ("./", ...)' fails with MinGW while 'stat (".", ...)' works. Besides, I think it makes sense to defer the usage of '/' until needed - and I believe the error messages also make more sense now. Due to diagnostic changes in GCC 12, this pre-exising old issue was exposed and shows up as bootstrap fail in GCC 12. I intent to commit it later today (to GCC 12, only), unless someone suggests a change. Tobias PS: I was briefly considering to use DIR_SEPARATOR (as defined in system.h), but that one is '/' (while DIR_SEPARATOR_2 is '\\', if defined). Thus, it does not seem to be worthwhile - especially as '/' needs to be converted to "/" for strcat - or fullname[strlen(path)] = DIR_SEPARATOR; fullname[strlen(path)+1]='\0'; has to be used. ----------------- Siemens Electronic Design Automation GmbH; Anschrift: Arnulfstraße 201, 80634 München; Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung; Geschäftsführer: Thomas Heurung, Frank Thürauf; Sitz der Gesellschaft: München; Registergericht München, HRB 106955