public inbox for fortran@gcc.gnu.org
* Re: Suggestion for a moratorium on short-circuit IF
@ 2018-07-26  9:20 Dominique d'Humières
From: Dominique d'Humières @ 2018-07-26  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Koenig; +Cc: gfortran

> after some thoughts and off-line discussion with another contributor,
> I would like to propose a moratorium on this topic.
> …

I fully agree.

Dominique

* Suggestion for a moratorium on short-circuit IF
@ 2018-07-25 21:23 Thomas Koenig
From: Thomas Koenig @ 2018-07-25 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fortran, Janus Weil

Hi,

after some thoughts and off-line discussion with another contributor,
I would like to propose a moratorium on this topic.

It seems that we are unable to agree to a course of action, or even
the direction that the course should take us.  Also, I think that
a continuing disagreement could do more harm to gfortran development
than this topic actually merits.

So, my proposal would be to freeze the current status, which is better
than gcc 8 because we have added a warning that was not there before,
and because we now have the documentation that users can turn to.

I would also like to thank Janus for the work he has put into this,
and the other participants of the discussion.

Maybe we can discuss this over a beer at the GNU cauldron (hint, hint).
I'll buy a round.

Regards

	Thomas