public inbox for fortran@gcc.gnu.org
* Re: Re: OpenACC declare directive updates
       [not found] <564026AD.5000402@codesourcery.com>
@ 2015-11-18 20:09 ` Cesar Philippidis
From: Cesar Philippidis @ 2015-11-18 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Norris, Jakub Jelinek; +Cc: GCC Patches, Fortran List

On 11/08/2015 08:53 PM, James Norris wrote:

> The attached patch and ChangeLog reflect the updates from your
> review: https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2015-11/msg00714.html
> and Cesar's review:
> https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2015-11/msg00885.html.
>
> With the changes made in this patch I think I'm handling the
> situation that you pointed out here correctly:
>
> "Also, wonder about BLOCK stmt in Fortran, that can give you variables that
> don't live through the whole function, but only a portion of it even in
> Fortran."

What block stmt? The most recent version of Fortran OpenACC 2.0a
supports is 2003. The block construct is a 2008 feature. I don't think
that's applicable to this version. Jim, maybe you should add an error
message for variables defined in blocks.

Thinking about this some more, I wonder if we should emit an error if
any acc constructs are used inside blocks? That's probably overly
pessimistic though.

Cesar

only message in thread, other threads:[~2015-11-18 20:09 UTC | newest]