public inbox for fortran@gcc.gnu.org
* Gfortran binaries for Linux online again
@ 2016-01-01 21:24 Manfred Schwarb
From: Manfred Schwarb @ 2016-01-01 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fortran

Hi,

gfortran binaries for Linux are online again
at gfortran.meteodat.ch for now.
gfortran.com points now at this site.

Bud and Paul ponder what to do with gfortran.com
and whether to resurrect it or not. So the
solution with gfortran.meteodat.ch might be
temporary or a little less so, we will see.

Happy new year,
Manfred

* Re: Gfortran binaries for Linux online again
@ 2016-01-01 23:02 ` Tim Prince
From: Tim Prince @ 2016-01-01 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fortran

On 01/01/2016 04:23 PM, Manfred Schwarb wrote:
> Hi,
>
> gfortran binaries for Linux are online again
> at gfortran.meteodat.ch for now.
> gfortran.com points now at this site.
>
> Bud and Paul ponder what to do with gfortran.com
> and whether to resurrect it or not. So the
> solution with gfortran.meteodat.ch might be
> temporary or a little less so, we will see.
>
> Happy new year,
> Manfred
I just tried to use it, and got cannot find 'ld'.  Guess I'm rusty on
linux compatibility issues.

* Re: Gfortran binaries for Linux online again
@ 2016-01-02 17:32 ` Jerry DeLisle
From: Jerry DeLisle @ 2016-01-02 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manfred Schwarb, fortran

On 01/01/2016 01:23 PM, Manfred Schwarb wrote:
> Hi,
>
> gfortran binaries for Linux are online again
> at gfortran.meteodat.ch for now.
> gfortran.com points now at this site.
>
> Bud and Paul ponder what to do with gfortran.com
> and whether to resurrect it or not. So the
> solution with gfortran.meteodat.ch might be
> temporary or a little less so, we will see.
>
> Happy new year,
> Manfred

Someone needs to hang on to that domain.

Who owns the domain now?

I think I had access to it at one time and would like to assist with some
regular builds and uploads there.

Jerry

* Re: Gfortran binaries for Linux online again
@ 2016-01-02 19:51   ` Paul Richard Thomas
From: Paul Richard Thomas @ 2016-01-02 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jerry DeLisle; +Cc: Manfred Schwarb, fortran, Bud Davis

Dear Jerry,

Bud Davis is still the owner. As soon as I am in a position to do so,
I was going to take it over from him. We both subscribe to the same
provider. However, I can only get support when I am in the UK and need
to find out how to effect the transfer. Last time I was there the
security barriers prevented me from getting to talk to a person :-(  I
will next be in place to do the business in three weeks and will be
very much better prepared!

As an alternative, if you are interested in providing that support,
you might be a better owner than me?

Cheers

Paul

On 2 January 2016 at 18:32, Jerry DeLisle <jvdelisle@charter.net> wrote:
> On 01/01/2016 01:23 PM, Manfred Schwarb wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> gfortran binaries for Linux are online again
>> at gfortran.meteodat.ch for now.
>> gfortran.com points now at this site.
>>
>> Bud and Paul ponder what to do with gfortran.com
>> and whether to resurrect it or not. So the
>> solution with gfortran.meteodat.ch might be
>> temporary or a little less so, we will see.
>>
>> Happy new year,
>> Manfred
>>

> Someone needs to hang on to that domain.
>
> Who owns the domain now?
>
> I think I had access to it at one time and would like to assist with some
> regular builds and uploads there.
>
> Jerry

too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

* Re: Gfortran binaries for Linux online again
@ 2016-01-02 20:48   ` Manfred Schwarb
From: Manfred Schwarb @ 2016-01-02 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tim Prince, fortran

Am 02.01.2016 um 00:02 schrieb Tim Prince:

> On 01/01/2016 04:23 PM, Manfred Schwarb wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> gfortran binaries for Linux are online again
>> at gfortran.meteodat.ch for now.
>> gfortran.com points now at this site.
>>
>> Bud and Paul ponder what to do with gfortran.com
>> and whether to resurrect it or not. So the
>> solution with gfortran.meteodat.ch might be
>> temporary or a little less so, we will see.
>>
>> Happy new year,
>> Manfred
> I just tried to use it, and got cannot find 'ld'.  Guess I'm rusty on linux compatibility issues.

Known issue, see
http://gfortran.meteodat.ch/download/x86_64/PLEASE_README-5.txt,
paragraph 4.

You need to use the option -fno-use-linker-plugin

Cheers,

@ 2016-01-02 21:00   ` Manfred Schwarb
From: Manfred Schwarb @ 2016-01-02 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jerry DeLisle, fortran

Am 02.01.2016 um 18:32 schrieb Jerry DeLisle:
> On 01/01/2016 01:23 PM, Manfred Schwarb wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> gfortran binaries for Linux are online again
>> at gfortran.meteodat.ch for now.
>> gfortran.com points now at this site.
>>
>> Bud and Paul ponder what to do with gfortran.com
>> and whether to resurrect it or not. So the
>> solution with gfortran.meteodat.ch might be
>> temporary or a little less so, we will see.
>>
>> Happy new year,
>> Manfred
>>

> Someone needs to hang on to that domain.
>
> Who owns the domain now?
>
> I think I had access to it at one time and would like to assist with some
> regular builds and uploads there.
>
> Jerry

I just did setup something, as the lack of binaries was
a bit of a pity, I felt.
I happily switch back to gfortran.com as soon as something usable
is available again.
OTOH I could also upload binaries from other people to my site
if someone wishes.

@ 2016-01-03  2:43     ` Jerry DeLisle
From: Jerry DeLisle @ 2016-01-03  2:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Richard Thomas; +Cc: Manfred Schwarb, fortran, Bud Davis

On 01/02/2016 11:51 AM, Paul Richard Thomas wrote:
> Dear Jerry,
>
> Bud Davis is still the owner. As soon as I am in a position to do so,
> I was going to take it over from him. We both subscribe to the same
> provider. However, I can only get support when I am in the UK and need
> to find out how to effect the transfer. Last time I was there the
> security barriers prevented me from getting to talk to a person :-(  I
> will next be in place to do the business in three weeks and will be
> very much better prepared!
>
> As an alternative, if you are interested in providing that support,
> you might be a better owner than me?

Let me know who the provider is off list and the cost so that I may consider
doing this.

Regards,

Jerry