public inbox for fortran@gcc.gnu.org
* [RFA] PR 68289 - Missing diagnostic pragmas
@ 2018-02-25 20:29 Dominique d'Humières
From: Dominique d'Humières @ 2018-02-25 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egallager; +Cc: Tobias Burnus, gfortran

Hi all,

I filed this PR more than two years ago and the only feedback I got was Eric moving it to SUSPENDED.
Tobias Burnus files a similar one as PR64273  more than three years ago and I have been the only one to react!-(

Question 1: Is any reader of this list interested by such pragmas?

Question 2: If no, should I extend the poll to comp.lang.fortran?

Question 3: if any yes to questions 1 or 2, is there any chance that someone assign the PR to (her|him)self say within the coming decade?

Question 4: if no to question 3, should not this PR be closed as WONTFIX?

TIA

Dominique

* Re: [RFA] PR 68289 - Missing diagnostic pragmas
@ 2018-02-25 22:17 ` Thomas Koenig
From: Thomas Koenig @ 2018-02-25 22:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dominique d'Humières, egallager; +Cc: Tobias Burnus, gfortran

Dominique,

> Question 1: Is any reader of this list interested by such pragmas?

Yes, I think that kind of thing would be handy. I like to
introduce new warnings, and these pragmas, if people actually
get to know and use them, could lead to wider adoption of
options which would otherwise have too many false positives.

> Question 3: if any yes to questions 1 or 2, is there any chance that someone assign the PR to (her|him)self say within the coming decade?

I can do so. Mind, I would have to learn a lot how to do this, but this
might be interesting.

I've assigned it to myself in the meantime, to keep it open and to make
sure that I don't forget it. Please don't let anybody keep this from
doing any actual work on this :-)

Regards

	Thomas

* Re: [RFA] PR 68289 - Missing diagnostic pragmas
@ 2018-02-25 23:13   ` Dominique d'Humières
From: Dominique d'Humières @ 2018-02-25 23:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Koenig; +Cc: egallager, Tobias Burnus, gfortran

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the quick answer. Don’t waste too much time on this and/or new warnings, specially before the next stage 1!

Cheers,

Dominique