Hi Jerry, all, On 4/11/23 02:43, Jerry D via Gcc-patches wrote: > On 4/10/23 1:49 PM, Harald Anlauf via Fortran wrote: >> Dear all, >> >> when comparing formal and actual arguments of a procedure, there was no >> check of rank for derived types from intrinsic module ISO_C_BINDING. >> This could lead to a wrong resolution of generic procedures with dummy >> argument of related types, see PR.  This was likely an oversight. >> >> The attached fix is simple and regtests cleanly on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu. >> >> OK for mainline? >> >> Thanks, >> Harald >> > > Looks good to go. > > Jerry I actually found a flaw in the previous patch regarding the handling of rank, and also realized that a comparison of the types was missing for those from this intrinsic module (and found the related PR99982). I updated the patch accordingly and extended the testcase, see attached. Regtests cleanly on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu. Will wait for 24h for more comments. Thanks, Harald