In several cases, one just wants to have the address where an object starts without requiring the detour via 'c_loc' and the (locally) required 'target' attribute. In principle, type(*),dimension(*) of TS29113 permits this, except that 'dimension(*)' only permits arrays and array elements but not scalars. Fortran 2018 modified this such that with 'type(*)' also scalars are permitted. (See PR for the quotes.) This patch implements this simple change. Before, implementations like MPI had to use '!GCC$ attribute NO_ARG_CHECK ::' in addition to type(*),dimension(*) to achieve this. In GCC, we do likewise, but that's at least inside the compiler, cf. libgomp/openacc{.f90,_lib.h}. OK for mainline? Tobias PS: I know that there are still patches to be reviewed; I am not sure wrt IEEE but I think most of the clobber patches still need a review and likely also some of Harald's patches. I think we also need to take care of some more of the ready or nearly ready patches by José. (I somewhere have a list that could dig it out quickly, if someone want to do some work on this. However, some were already handled by Harald.) Unfortunately, I am currently too busy with other things (OpenMP, looking at issues in mostly OpenMP-related testsuites, OpenMP spec issues, a bunch of odd things) to really work on Fortran, especially as too many of the other listed items are likewise non-primary work items and I shouldn't really keep increasing the time spend on work-related-but-not-to-be-focused-on items... Otherwise: Last weekend was the GNU Tools Cauldron, https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/cauldron2022 A few slides are already online (including mine) and the recordings should become available soon, in case you are interested. ----------------- Siemens Electronic Design Automation GmbH; Anschrift: Arnulfstraße 201, 80634 München; Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung; Geschäftsführer: Thomas Heurung, Frank Thürauf; Sitz der Gesellschaft: München; Registergericht München, HRB 106955