Hi! On 2017-05-01T18:27:59-0700, Cesar Philippidis wrote: > This patch promotes all OpenACC gang reductions on orphan loops as > errors. Accord to the spec, orphan loops are those which are not > lexically nested inside an OpenACC parallel or kernels regions. I.e., > acc loops inside acc routines. > > At first I thought this could be a warning because the gang reduction > finalizer uses an atomic update. However, because there is no > synchronization between gangs, there is way to guarantee that reduction > will have completed once a single gang entity returns from the acc > routine call. > > I've applied this patch to gomp-4_0-branch. ... which I've now adapted (with several things to be fixed in follow-up commits) and pushed to master branch in commit 2b7dac2c0dcb087da9e4018943c023c0678234a3 "Make OpenACC orphan gang reductions errors", see attached. Grüße Thomas ----------------- Siemens Electronic Design Automation GmbH; Anschrift: Arnulfstraße 201, 80634 München; Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung; Geschäftsführer: Thomas Heurung, Frank Thürauf; Sitz der Gesellschaft: München; Registergericht München, HRB 106955