This fixes some an issue with 'alloc:' found when working on the patch '[Patch] OpenMP/Fortran: 'target update' with strides + DT components' https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-patches/2022-October/604687.html (BTW: This one is still pending review.) OK for mainline? * * * I think the patch is a great improvement. However, again, by writing a testcase, more issues have been found: * one generic Fortran one, worked around by adding '(:)', Cf. https://gcc.gnu.org/PR107508 "Invalid bounds due to bogus reallocation on assignment with KIND=4 characters". * Some other string issues, some might be generic Fortran issues * Some issue with pointers - where exit data give an error as 0x00 and 0x01 kinds are not known by target exit data Those also showed up with the 'target update' patch mentioned above. For the last two, I used '#if 0' followed by a comment with the current error message. I do intent to look into those - or at least file a PR. Likewise for the remaining issues mentioned in the 'tagret update' patch. Tobias ----------------- Siemens Electronic Design Automation GmbH; Anschrift: Arnulfstraße 201, 80634 München; Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung; Geschäftsführer: Thomas Heurung, Frank Thürauf; Sitz der Gesellschaft: München; Registergericht München, HRB 106955