This patch fixes two issues – the first was reported to me by email but it also shows up in the official OpenMP examples (see PR). Namely: Inside a module, 'gfc_match(" ( %s )")' fails as the symbol is already host associated. (The symbol is the current procedure name.) Solution: Match with passing (permit) host_assoc = true to the match function instead of 'false' as done with '%s'. Afterwards, it was failing when folding a NULL_TREE. Solution: Init the linear step with 1 in that case. OK for mainline? * * * I have not checked GCC < mainline. The current example is OpenMP 5.2 only and only supported since June 7, 2022 in C/C++ and July 4 for Fortran. However, I assume the same issue also affects GCC < 13 with a tailored testcase. - If there is the sentiment to fix it also for older GCC, I can come up with modified testcases and a GCC 12 (and GCC 11?) patch. Thoughts? Tobias ----------------- Siemens Electronic Design Automation GmbH; Anschrift: Arnulfstraße 201, 80634 München; Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung; Geschäftsführer: Thomas Heurung, Frank Thürauf; Sitz der Gesellschaft: München; Registergericht München, HRB 106955