public inbox for fortran@gcc.gnu.org
From: Wileam Yonatan Phan <wileamyp@outlook.com>
To: Damian Rouson <damian@archaeologic.codes>,
	Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@gmail.com>
Cc: "fortran@gcc.gnu.org List" <fortran@gcc.gnu.org>,
	"gcc@gcc.gnu.org" <gcc@gcc.gnu.org>
Subject: Re: GSoC Blog Post 0 - GCCprefab build system
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2022 09:52:41 -0400	[thread overview]

Hi Jonathan,

I just pushed a commit to update the build script and config files to use the
release tags instead of the tip of the branch. Thanks again for pointing this
out!

Thanks,
Wil

---

Hi Damian,

That's indeed a tricky issue to implement with the build script if the user
doesn't have sudo rights to install software on the system using the package
manager. Maybe I can make the script download the tarballs and build them from
sources.

Full disclosure: the script currently assumes all prerequisites have been
successfully installed, but based on the discussion here, I can add several
lines to check for their existence using `command -v`.

I'll start working on this later tonight.

Thanks,
Wil