public inbox for fortran@gcc.gnu.org
* Testsuite, dejagnu
@ 2023-01-30 20:27 Harald Anlauf
From: Harald Anlauf @ 2023-01-30 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fortran

Dear Hackers,

is there a way to check that a particular warning is emitted only
once for a source code line instead of multiple times?

It appears that by default dg-warn matches one or more times.

Thanks,
Harald

* Re: Testsuite, dejagnu
@ 2023-01-30 21:13 ` Andrew Pinski
From: Andrew Pinski @ 2023-01-30 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Harald Anlauf; +Cc: fortran

On Mon, Jan 30, 2023 at 12:27 PM Harald Anlauf via Fortran
<fortran@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

> Dear Hackers,
>
> is there a way to check that a particular warning is emitted only
> once for a source code line instead of multiple times?
>
> It appears that by default dg-warn matches one or more times.

One example of how to do this is located in testsuite/g++.dg/lookup/duperr1.C .
I don't know if this is the best way of doing it though.
Basically it uses dg-bogus to match the multiple warnings (since it is
a regex over all output lines and `.*` will even match new lines) so
you get a failure if there was a duplicated one and then dg-message to
match the original message just to make sure it is outputted once
(dg-message was because it was originally a note: rather than a
warning/error but similar thing can be done for dg-error/dg-warning).

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski

> Thanks,
> Harald

* Aw: Re: Testsuite, dejagnu
@ 2023-01-30 21:45   ` Harald Anlauf
> On Mon, Jan 30, 2023 at 12:27 PM Harald Anlauf via Fortran
> <fortran@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:
> >
> > Dear Hackers,
> >
> > is there a way to check that a particular warning is emitted only
> > once for a source code line instead of multiple times?
> >
> > It appears that by default dg-warn matches one or more times.
>
> One example of how to do this is located in testsuite/g++.dg/lookup/duperr1.C .
> I don't know if this is the best way of doing it though.
> Basically it uses dg-bogus to match the multiple warnings (since it is
> a regex over all output lines and `.*` will even match new lines) so
> you get a failure if there was a duplicated one and then dg-message to
> match the original message just to make sure it is outputted once
> (dg-message was because it was originally a note: rather than a
> warning/error but similar thing can be done for dg-error/dg-warning).

yes, that can be used to make it work for the Fortran testcase at hand!

Thanks,
Harald