public inbox for fortran@gcc.gnu.org
From: Paul Richard Thomas <paul.richard.thomas@gmail.com>
To: Andre Vehreschild <vehre@gmx.de>
Cc: GCC-Patches-ML <gcc-patches@gcc.gnu.org>,
	GCC-Fortran-ML <fortran@gcc.gnu.org>
Subject: Re: [Patch, fortran, pr67451, v1] [5/6 Regression] ICE with sourced allocation from coarray
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 13:13:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Dear Andre,

I had left this to somebody else, since I am travelling!

The patch is verging on 'obvious' and so it is OK for trunk.

Could you check the line terminators please? I am seeing CR-LFs but
this might be an effect of transmission.

Thanks for the patch.

Paul

On 10 February 2016 at 12:26, Andre Vehreschild <vehre@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> unfortunately was my last patch for pr67451 not perfect and introduced
> regressions occurring on s390(x) and with the sanitizer. These were
> caused, because when taking the array specs from the source=-expression
> also its attributes, like coarray state and so on where taken from
> there. This additionally added a corank to local objects to allocate,
> that were no coarrays overwriting data in the array handle. The attached
> patch fixes both issues.
>
> The patch for gcc-5 is not affected, because in gcc-5 the feature of
> taking the array spec from the source=-expression is not implemented.
>
> Bootstrapped and regtested ok on x86_64-linux-gnu/F23.
>
> Ok for trunk?
>
> Regards,
>         Andre
>
> On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 19:24:46 +0100
> Paul Richard Thomas <paul.richard.thomas@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Andre,
>>
>> This looks to be OK for trunk.
>>
>> I'll move to the 5-branch patch right away.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Paul
>>
>> On 29 January 2016 at 19:17, Andre Vehreschild <vehre@gmx.de> wrote:
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > attached is a patch to fix a regression in current gfortran when a
>> > coarray is used in the source=-expression of an allocate(). The ICE was
>> > caused by the class information, i.e., _vptr and so on, not at the
>> > expected place. The patch fixes this.
>> >
>> > The patch also fixes pr69418, which I will flag as a duplicate in a
>> > second.
>> >
>> > Bootstrapped and regtested ok on x86_64-linux-gnu/F23.
>> >
>> > Ok for trunk?
>> >
>> > Backport to gcc-5 is pending, albeit more difficult, because the
>> > allocate() implementation on 5 is not as advanced the one in 6.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> >         Andre
>> > --
>> > Andre Vehreschild * Email: vehre ad gmx dot de
>>

> --
> Andre Vehreschild * Email: vehre ad gmx dot de

--
The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.

Albert Einstein