Hi Thomas, What causes the ICES? Cheers Paul On Sat, 7 Jan 2023 at 15:28, Thomas Koenig wrote: > Hi Paul, > > first, thanks for taking on this rather monumental task! > > > Given the scale of the overall patch, I am beginning to have a lot of > > sympathy with Thomas's suggestion that the finalization calls should be > > moved to the front end! I will take a quick look to see how easy this > would > > be to implement. > > There is one drawback if you do this in the front end: There are a few > places where it is not possible to add code without running into ICEs > later, like WHERE/ELSEWHERE, which is why fronend_passes.cc keeps track > of these things. > > Best regards > > Thomas > -- "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough" - Albert Einstein