public inbox for fortran@gcc.gnu.org
From: Paul Richard Thomas <paul.richard.thomas@gmail.com>
To: "fortran@gcc.gnu.org" <fortran@gcc.gnu.org>,
	gcc-patches <gcc-patches@gcc.gnu.org>,
	"Dominique d'Humières" <dominiq@tournesol.lps.ens.fr>
Subject: Re: [Patch, fortran] PR 56691 - [OOP] Allocatable array: wrong offset when passing to CLASS dummy
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2018 18:33:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Hi All,

Committed as revision 257550. In the course of testing this patch,
Dominique found some problems that turned out to be due to revision
r257065. These latter were encapsulated in PR84155, which was fixed
257356. However, Richi pointed me in the direction of a much cleaner
fix to this PR and it seems that the failing tests that Dominique
found survive this patch :-)

Paul

2018-02-10  Paul Thomas  <pault@gcc.gnu.org>

PR fortran/84141
PR fortran/84155
* trans-array.c (gfc_array_init_size): Revert the change made
in revision 257356 setting the dtype.
* trans-types.c (gfc_get_dtype): Do not use the cached dtype.
Call gfc_get_dtype_rank_type every time.

PR fortran/56691
* trans-array.c (gfc_conv_expr_descriptor): If the source array
is a descriptor type, use its offset, removing the condition
that is be a class expression.

2018-02-10  Paul Thomas  <pault@gcc.gnu.org>

PR fortran/56691
* gfortran.dg/type_to_class_4.f03: New test.

--
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
- Albert Einstein