public inbox for fortran@gcc.gnu.org
* PR80965 - [7/8 Regression] ICE with class argument and -O2 optimization
@ 2017-11-07 18:34 Paul Richard Thomas
From: Paul Richard Thomas @ 2017-11-07 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fortran

Dear All,

The testcase in the PR:

module mode3_mod
contains
subroutine xyz(loc)
implicit none
class(*) :: loc
real X(6)
integer ix_use
select type (loc)
type is (integer)
  x = 0
type is (real)
  ix_use = 0
end select
end subroutine xyz
end module mode3_mod

ICEs at present. I had a fix that makes the clash between 'loc' being
used in select type compatible with it's being a dummy go away by
renaming the function used in SELECT TYPE as '_loc'.

However, I guess that as long as -std-gnu is in force, this error
should result "DUMMY attribute conflicts with INTRINSIC attribute in
‘loc’" and that my posted fix is fine otherwise.

Is that OK?

Cheers

Paul

only message in thread, other threads:[~2017-11-07 18:34 UTC | newest]