The interpretation request came in a long time ago but I only just got around to implementing it. The updated text from the standard is in the comment. Now I am writing this, I think that I should perhaps use switch(op)/case rather than using if/else if and depending on the order of the gfc_intrinsic_op enum being maintained. Thoughts? The testcase runs fine with both mainline and nagfor. I think that compile-only with counts of star-eq and star_not should suffice. Regtests with no regressions. OK for mainline? Paul Fortran: Defined operators with unlimited polymorphic args [PR98498] 2023-11-01 Paul Thomas gcc/fortran PR fortran/98498 * interface.cc (upoly_ok): New function. (gfc_extend_expr): Use new function to ensure that defined operators using unlimited polymorphic formal arguments do not override their intrinsic uses. gcc/testsuite/ PR fortran/98498 * gfortran.dg/interface_50.f90: New test.