public inbox for fortran@gcc.gnu.org
* The setting sun
@ 2018-09-28 17:59 Jerry DeLisle
                   ` (4 more replies)
From: Jerry DeLisle @ 2018-09-28 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fortran

Hi all,

If I recall correctly I submitted my first patch to gfortran in 2005.

So I have had about a 13 year run on this endeavor. I have no regrets at
all of course, but there comes a time when one recognizes when it is
time to let go and let others continue on.

I very much enjoyed working with everyone all these years.

I want to especially thank those who have helped me to learn new things
and resolve issues as they popped up. I may occasionally be able to
review a patch here and there if it makes sense to me to do so and I
will keep this list on my active status.  I will not be monitoring the
bug list or patches lists directly any more.  Feel free to cc me if you
think I may know something about a problem.

Once again, thanks to all!

Best regards,

Jerry

* Re: The setting sun
@ 2018-09-28 21:16 ` Damian Rouson
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Damian Rouson @ 2018-09-28 21:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jerry DeLisle; +Cc: fortran

Thanks for all your great work, Jerry!

Damian

On Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 12:59 PM Jerry DeLisle <jvdelisle@charter.net>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> If I recall correctly I submitted my first patch to gfortran in 2005.
>
> So I have had about a 13 year run on this endeavor. I have no regrets at
> all of course, but there comes a time when one recognizes when it is
> time to let go and let others continue on.
>
> I very much enjoyed working with everyone all these years.
>
> I want to especially thank those who have helped me to learn new things
> and resolve issues as they popped up. I may occasionally be able to
> review a patch here and there if it makes sense to me to do so and I
> will keep this list on my active status.  I will not be monitoring the
> bug list or patches lists directly any more.  Feel free to cc me if you
> think I may know something about a problem.
>
> Once again, thanks to all!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jerry

* Re: The setting sun
@ 2018-09-29 10:51 ` Toon Moene
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Toon Moene @ 2018-09-29 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jerry DeLisle, fortran

On 09/28/2018 07:58 PM, Jerry DeLisle wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> If I recall correctly I submitted my first patch to gfortran in 2005.
>
> So I have had about a 13 year run on this endeavor. I have no regrets at
> all of course, but there comes a time when one recognizes when it is
> time to let go and let others continue on.
>
> I very much enjoyed working with everyone all these years.
>
> I want to especially thank those who have helped me to learn new things
> and resolve issues as they popped up. I may occasionally be able to
> review a patch here and there if it makes sense to me to do so and I
> will keep this list on my active status.  I will not be monitoring the
> bug list or patches lists directly any more.  Feel free to cc me if you
> think I may know something about a problem.

I am sorry to see you leave ...

Many thanks for all you have done for gfortran !

Kind regards,

--
Toon Moene - e-mail: toon@moene.org - phone: +31 346 214290
At home: http://moene.org/~toon/; weather: http://moene.org/~hirlam/

* Re: The setting sun
@ 2018-09-29 18:48 ` Janne Blomqvist
From: Janne Blomqvist @ 2018-09-29 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jerry DeLisle; +Cc: Fortran List

On Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 8:59 PM Jerry DeLisle <jvdelisle@charter.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> If I recall correctly I submitted my first patch to gfortran in 2005.
>
> So I have had about a 13 year run on this endeavor. I have no regrets at
> all of course, but there comes a time when one recognizes when it is
> time to let go and let others continue on.
>
> I very much enjoyed working with everyone all these years.
>
> I want to especially thank those who have helped me to learn new things
> and resolve issues as they popped up. I may occasionally be able to
> review a patch here and there if it makes sense to me to do so and I
> will keep this list on my active status.  I will not be monitoring the
> bug list or patches lists directly any more.  Feel free to cc me if you
> think I may know something about a problem.
>
> Once again, thanks to all!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jerry

Sad to see you leave, though I never had the opportunity to meet you in
person.  Anyway, thank you for all you work over the years!

--
Janne Blomqvist

* Re: The setting sun
@ 2018-09-30 12:16   ` Paul Richard Thomas
From: Paul Richard Thomas @ 2018-09-30 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Janne Blomqvist; +Cc: jerry DeLisle, fortran

Hi Jerry,

This is sad news. I sincerely hope that it is false news; very false....

If not, then I can only echo the thanks from the others and wish you
well with whatever you are going to do now.

Regards

Paul

--
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
- Albert Einstein

* Re: The setting sun
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2018-09-30 15:34 ` Nicolas Koenig
From: Nicolas Koenig @ 2018-09-30 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fortran

On 28 September 2018 19:58:58 CEST, Jerry DeLisle <jvdelisle@charter.net> wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>If I recall correctly I submitted my first patch to gfortran in 2005.
>
>So I have had about a 13 year run on this endeavor. I have no regrets
>at
>all of course, but there comes a time when one recognizes when it is
>time to let go and let others continue on.
>
>I very much enjoyed working with everyone all these years.
>
>I want to especially thank those who have helped me to learn new things
>
>and resolve issues as they popped up. I may occasionally be able to
>review a patch here and there if it makes sense to me to do so and I
>will keep this list on my active status.  I will not be monitoring the
>bug list or patches lists directly any more.  Feel free to cc me if you
>
>think I may know something about a problem.
>
>Once again, thanks to all!
>
>Best regards,
>
>Jerry

Hi Jerry,

while I only had the pleasure of working with you for a short time, it has always been great :)

I wish you all the best on your future endeavours and thanks for your work on gfortran.

    Nicolas

P.S.: I think everyone would be very happy to welcome you back if you ever decide to return.

* Re: The setting sun
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2018-10-01 11:06 ` Janus Weil
From: Janus Weil @ 2018-10-01 11:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jerry DeLisle; +Cc: gfortran

Hi Jerry,

also from me: Thanks for all your invaluable contributions to
gfortran, and all the best for the future!

Cheers,
Janus