Hi Thomas, > I like what the patch does. However, I have one concern. > >> * decl.c (match_attr_spec): Synchronize the DECL_* enum values with >> the >> INTENT_* values from the enum 'sym_intent'. > > > This part > > + { GFC_DECL_BEGIN = 0, DECL_ALLOCATABLE = GFC_DECL_BEGIN, > + DECL_IN = INTENT_IN, DECL_OUT = INTENT_OUT, DECL_INOUT = INTENT_INOUT, > + DECL_DIMENSION, DECL_EXTERNAL, > + DECL_INTRINSIC, DECL_OPTIONAL, > > brings a dependency of the values of sym_intent into this enum. > > I know that the order of sym_intent is not likely to change, but I would > still prefer if you could add a comment to the sym_intent definition in > gfortran.h noting that INTENT_IN cannot be zero, and add a > > gcc_assert (INTENT_IN > 0); > > somewhere (which will be optimized away) with an explanatory comment. good point. I have added the assert and some comments. Updated patch attached. > OK with that change. Thanks. I'm doing another regtest now and will commit if that goes well ... Cheers, Janus